Friday, October 26, 2007

Whose kid is this?

It seems Jack really likes music. He loves when I sing to him, which is amazing for those of you who know just how bad my voice sounds! I had downloaded a few lullabies from iTunes for him that he likes. Searching for more, I found the Rockabye Baby series which is lullaby renditions of various artists. (It's very cool!) It turns out Jack loves the Cure! I was so proud of my little boy. I then had the idea to create a playlist with some of my favorites for him. It turns out he really hates Depeche Mode and Social Distortion. What?! I don't think this is our baby! How can a child of ours actually dislike Depeche Mode?! Stuart and I were shocked! I think there must be some kind of mix up. I swear if this kid didn't have easily identifiable birth marks, I would swear we brought the wrong one home from the hospital. I can tell already this is going to be a challenging kid. He was in my arms last night, with his hands near his face, looking very peaceful, so I asked Stuart to take his picture. As soon as he focused the camera, Jack flashed him the loser sign. Sheesh! Rebel in the making...

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

That is hilarious! He knows that Stuart is a loser! Ha, Ha!!

Charlotte said...

That is hilarious! He knows that Stuart is a loser! Ha, Ha!!

Kim said...

Ok, so he doesn't like Depeche Mode, that is sad. But, on the plus side he likes The Cure! That's impressive.

I think that picture is too cute!

Teresa said...

OK, so I'm checking out Sheri's blog and the Smiths start playing. Jack (who is sitting on my lap) spits out his pacifier and gets the saddest look on his face and starts to cry. As soon as I leave the page and the music stops, he is fine again.

Sheri said...

O.k. no more Smiths on my blog! Ben was the same - he LOVED music as a baby (and still does). We had to stick mostly to primary songs, ect. He wouldn't tolerate anything cool. Now it's a different story.

The "loser" pose is hilarious. Ben does funny poses in his sleep all of the time :)

LauraB said...

What a music snob! Learn to enjoy the good and endure the bad!! I can't wait for this kid to talk - I think he's going to be hilarious!