Monday, October 29, 2007

Nanny HELP




For those of you who don't know, Stuart and I were talking about the possibility of my taking a year off of work after Jack was born. However, our situation has changed. Just before taking my maternity leave, I was offered a promotion with the option of working from home much more frequently. Because we are hoping to buy a larger home in the near future (and those diapers are soooo expensive) we thought we should at least give my return to work a try. Well, being caught up with taking care of baby Jack (and my natural propensity to procrastinate) I haven't made any arrangements yet to put this plan into action. With my return to work scheduled for November 14th, I am in full on panic mode now.

Our plan is for Stuart and I to alternate working from home, so that someone is always there with Jack. However, since we both are required to be on the phone in meetings throughout the day, we want to minimize interruptions from a crying baby. We are hoping to find someone who can come into our home (while we are there) to assist for about 4 hours a day. From about 9am-1pm (these times are flexible and negotiable.) We are located in Phoenix. Nanny placement services are outrageously expensive, so I am looking to see if there is anyone out there who knows someone who can help us. If you know of a loving, reliable, caring individual who is interested in this position, please let me know. Who wouldn't want to come spend some time with this adorable kid?

2 comments:

LauraB said...

You know, if you lived closer there would probably have to be a lottery to decide which person would get the privilege of watching Jack! Hmmmm, there's an idea - move closer...yeah, that's the solution!!!!

Teresa said...

That's the catch. To afford the move, I need to go back to work.