Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas with the Grandparents





We spent the morning of Christmas Eve at Grammie and Papa's house. I really didn't take any pictures...once again. But, I did capture my newest niece that I got to meet for the first time! Prior to Christmas, we had only chatted on Skype, well, I chatted, she babbled, but whatever. You improvise when she is in the Czech Republic.



She was obsessed with the cups in this basket and kept trying to sneak them when no one was looking.




I love this age, when the love the wrapping more than the toys.




Our oldest, Heather was home from college this Christmas...the first time in 4 years she spent Christmas with us. (The last time, Jack was only 5 months old, so he was thrilled to have her home this Christmas.) Karen didn't make it. Now that she is a senior in high school, she is busy with her new job and her boyfriend. (Although, I suspect, with the limited hours she actually works that the boyfriend was the bigger reason she didn't make it down this Christmas.) This is the only pic of Stuart and Heather. Sorry, the focus on Christmas tends to go to the most enthusiastic participants.




Jack loved opening gifts.



This car was a BIG hit. He even did a little happy dance, with his fingers pointing in the air...I really wish I had gotten video of it. Oh, well. I remember how cute it was.




Our Christmas with Grandma and Ira was on the morning of New Year's Eve...I know, we do weird holiday dates in this family. The sad news is, I didn't get ANY pics there. Probably because the kids were having such a great time with the craft project Grandma put together for them. It was so fun!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!