Monday, September 5, 2011

Zoo Day

Thursday, we went to the zoo. It was HOT. I'm not sure exactly how hot, but I know it was over 110 degrees. I normally don't go to the zoo in the summer, but knowing that I was going back to work soon, I wanted to get in as much fun as I could with Jack. Our neighbors had some extra passes and invited us. We thought if we went extra early, it wouldn't be so bad. We were wrong. We were melting, but the kids loved it and that's what really counts.

We didn't do our normal activities, because it was so hot, we wanted to rush through quickly. Also, many of the animals were hiding from the heat. But, we have to make time to ride the tractors.


And go to the petting zoo. Jack really wishes all the exhibits were hands on...







Jack and his friend Jamie had lots of fun!



We had to stop for something cold before we got heat stroke. Jack decided he needed to drink his Icee and my frozen lemonade together. I think he may be a genius.



It's more fun if you drink something that makes your tongue a funny color.



Although we skipped some of our favorites, we did do 2 new things. We rode the train and the carousal. Both were firsts for Jack.



The second the carousal started up, Jack's face lit up with such joy, I will never forget it. I need to strive to create that look of joy more often. I live for that!


He did fall in the pond once, while trying to get closer to the turtles. I should have anticipated that. He really loves turtles. Luckily, it was at a shallow part where I could pull him out without jumping in myself. And, we had his swimsuit with us, so we changed into that.


I love days with my boy.

3 comments:

LauraB said...

Jack looks extremely hot and extremely happy!

Kim said...

I can't believe you braved the zoo in 110 degree heat. You should win the mom of the year award. It's always worth it if it makes them happy!

Sheri said...

You are a brave woman! But looking at that smile on Jack's face I can see taht it was worth it :)