Saturday, September 24, 2011

4 Year Old Picture Challenges
























OK, I'm a little late at posting these, but we've been really busy in the Allen house. As you may remember, we do our own photo shoot at home for Jack's birthdays. Sure, on his first birthday, we took him to have them done professionally, but thought it wasn't worth the money and instead decided to do them each year on our own. (That, and we're cheap.) It was working well, until this year. Jack was very opinionated on everything, from where he wanted to stand to what he wanted to wear, and he had plenty of complaints about the heat too. It was exhausting. I initially tried to do it on my own, and gave up. Stuart helped out a few days later, but it was no easier. We did the best we could, and got a few cute shots. (Only because I cropped most of them into head shots.) I'll post those later. In the meantime, here are the crazy ones.


He didn't want to stand the way I requested, and instead went with his own poses.


After a mild power struggle, he just got annoyed with me...


Changing clothes only made it worse...



He thought it was too hot on his feet, so I tried to sit him in the grass.

But soon he became distracted, then annoyed, and then he complained it was still too hot.


We moved to the shade...judge for yourself how well that turned out...





He really wanted to sit on the couch...which annoyed me.



So, we moved indoors.


As frustrated as I was at the time, I have to admit these are my favorites, because they show his true personality.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I kind of like the ones that aren't posed. They show off more personality. All of my favorite pictures of Joseph are the quirky ones!

LauraB said...

For all the pain you went through, there really are some good ones in there!

Sheri said...

I like them all!