Thursday, May 8, 2008

So Many Reasons to Love Jack



OK, my last post listed my frustrations, so I thought I would call out a few of the best things about our little Jack.
  1. He wakes up happy. The second he sees you from his crib, he breaks into a large grin and burrows his head in the bed and looks up again to smile and squeal in delight.
  2. Every morning, we (usually Stuart) get him up and bring him into our bed for our morning cuddle. He is so cute. He has to be able to touch both his parents at the same time, reaching out his arms in both directions and continually looking back and forth to make sure we are both there and acknowledging him. He also loves to make a tent of our blanket to watch the light shine through it.
  3. He is such a little flirt. Yesterday we went to his dermatologist and saw a nurse he hadn't met before then. The second she walked in the room, he reached for her and practically jumped into her arms.
  4. He loves the sound of his voice, but gets shy if you pay too much attention to his babble or try to get the camera out to film it.
  5. He has to experience everything through his feet. He rolls to his back and holds his toys with his feet as he plays with them.
  6. He LOVES that ASPCA commercial. You know, the one with Sarah McLachlan's melancholy song playing in the background as they show all these sad looking cats and dogs? Jack stops everything and just stares at the TV when it comes on. He will crawl from across the room to be able to see it. The funny thing is he has no interest in TV otherwise. I have tried various PBS programs and he could care less about them, but this commercial stops him in his tracks. I need to record it and play it on a loop for him!
  7. He loves going on trips. He is pretty good with the car seat, loves his stroller, and loves being outside! It really makes getting errands done so much easier.
  8. Bedtime is hysterically funny. He goes into this frantically happy mode about 30 minutes before bed. He screams, growls, and crawls all over us; he can barely contain his excitement. I try to calm his with his nightly story, but it is comical as he alternates between laughing hysterically at what I am reading to desperately grabbing for the book or for me.
  9. He gives great hugs and kisses. He will hug both his parents, but will only kiss his mom right now. He grabs my face with his hands and gives me a big open mouth kiss (although we are working on coaching him that kisses do not include teeth!)

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

He is at the fun playful stage. I want to see him Saturday, come please!!! What was with the dermotologist appt?

Tim said...

Cute video! I love hearing all the great info. Jack is adorable!

Tim said...

That last comment was Becca, not that I don't agree, I just wouldn't say it in such a girly way. For example...

...'Awesome vid, man! Its cool to hear what's goin' down - Jack rocks!...

...See, I'm much to cool for words like 'love' and 'adorable'.

Teresa said...

Too funny Tim!

Char, just a check up on his eczema and hemangioma, no biggie. Everything seems to be ok.

LauraB said...

Thanks for the videos - I get to appease my Jack-sickness a little!!

Heather said...

If he loves going on trips so much, he should come visit his aunt Heather in Utah.

Sheri said...

I love #8. When Evan gets that way, we just laugh hysterically.

Kim said...

What a great list. He sounds like a pretty happy kids.

Loved the video!

Kim said...

Ok I meant to say that he sounds like a pretty happy kid - not kids. I type too fast and that one got away from me.

Teresa said...

Not to worry Kim. I continually refer to Jack as "babies" which leaves Stuart wondering where I am hiding the others.